Who is eligible for UNCF?
Be a citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale. Pursued a rigorous course of study in high school in math and science courses, including pre-calculus.
What schools are UNCF?
Meet the UNCF-Member Institution Presidents.
- Allen University. Columbia, SC.
- Benedict College. Columbia, SC.
- Bennett College. Greensboro, NC.
- Bethune-Cookman University. Daytona Beach, FL.
- Claflin University. Orangeburg, SC.
- Clark Atlanta University. Atlanta, GA.
- Dillard University. New Orleans, LA.
- Edward Waters University.
How does the UNCF help students?
UNCF changes lives by helping the students of today become the teachers, scientists, business people, doctors and nurses of tomorrow. … Awarding more than 10,000 scholarships and internships each year so students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board.
Which scholarships are easy to get?
Top 8 Easy Scholarships
- AFSA High School Scholarship.
- Because College Is Expensive Scholarship.
- Dr. Pepper Tuition Give-Away.
- Easy Money Scholarship.
- Valentine’s Day Scholarship.
- “No Essay” College Scholarship.
- ScholarshipPoints $10,000 Scholarship.
- You Deserve It Scholarship.
Do you have to be black to apply for UNCF?
Does UNCF help only African Americans? Not at all. UNCF’s member HBCUs admit students without reference to race or ethnicity.
Does the Negro college Fund still exist?
UNCF, the United Negro College Fund, also known as the United Fund, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students and general scholarship funds for 37 private historically black colleges and universities.
Where can I get scholarships for college?
How do I find scholarships?
- the financial aid office at a college or career school.
- a high school or TRIO counselor.
- the U.S. Department of Labor’s FREE scholarship search tool.
- federal agencies.
- your state grant agency.
- your library’s reference section.
How many UNCF schools are there?
Ways to Donate
Your donation helps educate over 60,000 students at more than 1,100 schools.
What is the UNCF and why was it created?
UNCF was founded in 1944 on the belief that there is strength in numbers—that HBCUs ought to make a joint effort to appeal for funds—as well as the belief that education was crucial to black mobility. At the start, UNCF served 27 member colleges and universities, totaling 12,000 students.
Why is the mind a terrible thing to waste?
A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste — you know the phrase, you’ve heard it. That’s because the iconic slogan, dreamt up by the advertising agency Young & Rubicam goes back more than four decades. It was meant to promote the United Negro College Fund scholarship program for black students.