What are good questions to ask at a college visit?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
What are the top 3 things to do while on a college visit?
10 Things to Do on Your Campus Visit
- Take a campus tour. Campus tours are a great place to start your campus visit. …
- Sit in on a class. …
- Read a student newspaper. …
- Make a list of questions. …
- Talk to students. …
- Live the student lifestyle. …
- Go to a game or campus party. …
- Check book prices at the bookstore.
What should I ask at an admitted student day?
6 Questions to Ask at Admitted Students Days
- What is your school’s freshman retention rate? …
- Who teaches undergraduate classes? …
- How does your college help prepare students for careers or graduate school? …
- What is the job placement rate for graduates? …
- What has your experience as a student been like at this school?
What questions should I ask college coaches?
Questions to Ask College Coaches on the Phone
- Are you recruiting my position?
- Do you have a timeline for recruiting my position?
- What are you looking for in a player for my position?
- Where do I fit on your list of recruits?
- What are my opportunities for playing time?
How long do college tours usually last?
On a first visit, you should spend about two to three hours on campus. That allows for about an hour for the campus tour and another 45 minutes or so for an information session. Usually the info session is conducted by an admission officer, and the tour given by a student.
How many colleges should I apply to?
Most students should apply to somewhere between five to seven colleges. There are no guarantees that you will be accepted to the school you desire, but you should have a good idea about your chances of admission to each school.”
When should you start applying for college?
Admissions experts say that, generally, a student should begin the application process by the start of their senior year of high school. While they note colleges may impose different deadlines, most applications for regular fall admission will come due by January.
How many college visits should I do?
We recommend that every student visit at least 5-6 colleges and no more than 10-12. We say this because we want you to visit enough colleges so that you get a truly well-rounded and clear idea of what you like and dislike about various colleges, but not so many that you feel overwhelmed.