What are good questions to ask a college player?
Below are general questions athletes need to ask on their official visits.
- What is a typical day for your athletes?
- What is the practice/training schedule?
- Where do you see the future of this program?
- What positions are you looking to fill?
- How big is this year’s recruiting class?
What should I ask a student athlete?
Here are some “must ask” questions for recruits at any point in the process:
- Has your coaching staff evaluated me?
- Where do I fit on your recruiting board?
- How many players will you be recruiting at my position?
- Where will you be recruiting this season/spring/summer?
- What types of off-season activities are expected?
What are good questions to ask a college sports recruiter?
13 Questions to Ask A College Coach
- What are your recruiting needs for my class? …
- What are the next steps in the recruiting process with your program? …
- What is your recruiting timeline? …
- What does a typical day or week look like for a player during the season? …
- What are the off-season expectations for a player?
What should I look for when being recruited?
Some of the tell-tale signs of being recruited by an NCAA coach are receiving direct and personalized calls or letters at home about how you would be a good fit for their program, having a coach come watch you compete at your home field/court/track/pool, or receiving an invite to take an official visit at the college …
How do you impress a college coach?
The best way to make sure you impress rather than depress a coach is to be prepared. Anticipate the questions he or she might ask, know a little bit about their program and be ready with your answers. College coaches want outgoing, confident players who will represent their program in a positive light.
What questions should parents ask college coaches?
Here are 10 questions parents should ask college coaches:
- What does a day, week or year in the life of one of your student-athletes look like? …
- What types of on/off campus activities are available to athletes? …
- What type of academic support do athletes receive? …
- What are the housing accommodations like?
What should you not say to a college coach?
What “Not” to Say to a College Coach
- Avoid: Overselling your abilities. There is never a reason for you to oversell your abilities. …
- Avoid: Bad-mouthing your high school coaches. …
- Avoid: Comparing yourself to others. …
- Avoid: Talking about how coachable you are.
What’s the difference between an official and unofficial college visit?
An official visit is an opportunity for a college to pay for a recruit’s transportation, food, and accommodations, while an unofficial visit requires the recruit to pay for those expenses. Both visits allow the school to purchase tickets to a home sporting event for the recruit.
What do you ask college coaches?
Questions to Ask College Coaches on the Phone
- Are you recruiting my position?
- Do you have a timeline for recruiting my position?
- What are you looking for in a player for my position?
- Where do I fit on your list of recruits?
- What are my opportunities for playing time?