What should I look for in a virtual college tour?
Harff notes that typically students want to know five things about a college before applying: Admissions requirements, what the application process is like, the cost to attend, what majors a school offers and what campus life is like. To her, the key function of a virtual college tour is to get a look at campus life.
How do I prepare for a virtual college visit?
5 tips for getting the most out of virtual college visits
- Schedule virtual college visits like you would in-person visits. …
- Structure your “visits” to cover the basics and your interests. …
- Talk to a real live human. …
- Take notes and keep score. …
- Get on the list so that when on-campus events resume, you will be first in line.
Are virtual college tours worth it?
“But virtual tours are so quick and convenient. We find that students really appreciate them as a good ‘first look’ at schools they are interested in.” It’s also easier for people to bring a parent, older sibling or other advisor along on a virtual tour because it doesn’t require them to take time off work.
How long do virtual college tours last?
The online webinar will last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. To sign up for a live virtual campus tour, please select your preferred tour date.
Are virtual campus tours free?
With college campuses closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, free virtual tours have grown in popularity. … They can visit as many colleges as they like, without the cost of a road trip or the aching feet.
Do colleges keep track of virtual visits?
Colleges do understand that, of course, and will look at your “virtual” visits, via social media, email, and local open houses.
What should I ask in a college information session?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
Should I attend virtual information session?
Even if you aren’t coming to campus for classes, our information sessions are an important part of your virtual college visit. It’s the easiest place to get in front of the admissions office, gather more information about the program, learn about faculty and staff, and make sure the program is a good fit.
What are the advantages of virtual tours?
A virtual tour offers extra confidence in your business as clients and customers can view inside and see how and where you work. Clients naturally feel more affinity with business they can see. Increase traffic and engagement.
What colleges are offering virtual tours?
Colleges and Universities That Offer Virtual Campus Tours
|Otis College of Art and Design||Link||CA|
|Pacific Union College||Link||CA|